Lebaa, Jezzine district
The town's name comes from the ancient Phoenician word meaning "the village of the relative or neighbor". Near Kfar Jarra stands the Church of Saint John the Baptist (Mar Youhanna Al-Ma'amadan), one of the oldest churches in the area. It dates back to the 16th century, but was renovated in 1755, as indicated by the inscription above the entrance. In 1989, part of the church was destroyed by Israeli bombing.