Saida, Saida district
Bab Al Saray is one of the oldest standing mosques in the southern city of Saida. Its construction dates from the period when Europeans occupied the city in 1201. Its minaret rises 20 meters above the roof and is distinguished by its large dome. It is called Al-Saray Mosque today because of its proximity to the saray (government house) built by Emir Fakhreddine II.